Advertisement Consent

Many advertisements do not require consent for example estate agent signs when a house is for sale, or advertisements on the side of a bus. The Guide to Outdoor Advertisements is a useful guide to what does and does not require consent.

Where consent is required an application must be made to the local planning authority. The authority can refuse permission on only two grounds – that the advert would adversely affect public amenity or it would pose a hazard to highway safety.

If Advertisement consent is granted it is invariably only for a temporary period, usually but not always for five years.   As with a normal planning application if your application is refused you can appeal to the Planning Inspectorate.

For further information regarding how to apply for advertisement consent or if you wish to discuss your project in detail, please contact the H&H Planning Team on 01228 406260 or email  the team in confidence.